Buying a Home
Buying a home is a significant commitment that requires a lot of time and research. Leave it to the mortgage experts at Mark Meader & Associates to walk you through the home buying process. We have all the resources and expertise to ensure your loan process experience is a smooth and stress-free one.
What type of home loan can we help you with?
Whether you’re looking for your dream home or an investment property, we have all the resources you need. Click on the options below for more details:
Buying Your First Home
Buying a first home is a big commitment and one of the most important decisions we make in our lives. It can be exciting and daunting at the same time, especially when there’s a lack of direction or guidance. Therefore, it is important to plan ahead and educate yourself about the home buying process.
Once you’ve found your dream home, you are ready to start the application process! Click here to learn about the application process, and how we work with you to make it as smooth as possible!
At Mark Meader & Associates, we offer the following loan programs to make moving as simple and seamless as possible:
- Adjustable Rate Mortgages (ARM)
- FHA Loans
- Fixed Rates Mortgages
- Jumbo Loan
- VA Loan
Planning Ahead When Buying a Home
When you are considering buying your next home, here are a few things to think about:
- Your credit history status: If it’s not in good standing, you will need to up your credit score with the help of a credit counselor.
- The mount of money you have available for a down payment: Where will your down payment come from? Do you have savings? Will you have to sell your current home to afford buying the new home?
- The monthly payments you can afford.
Estimating the Cost of Your New Home
To calculate the total amount of money you will need to purchase a new home, be sure to include the following:
- The amount of money you will gain from the sale of your current home to be used to buy your new home.
- If your down payment is less than 20%, you will require mortgage insurance, which will increase your monthly payment.
- Add closing costs along with your down payment.
- Taxes and interest should also be added to your calculations
Purchasing a Vacation Home
Having a vacation home is a luxury you can enjoy with your family anytime you want to escape. Aside from enjoying the beautiful scenery and numerous personal rewards that come with a vacation home, there are potential financial benefits that go with the purchase.
- Extra income- If your vacation home is in a high-demand area, you may be able to rent it out throughout the year to earn additional income when you are not occupying it.
- Potential increase in asset value– A vacation home is a smart long-term investment which may offer you financial gains in the future if it increases in value.
Things to consider when purchasing a vacation home
Here are a few questions to ask yourself when you’re considering a vacation home.
- Do you have enough cash flow every month to take on a second mortgage?
- you have any extra expenses that may need to be covered in addition to your monthly mortgage payments on the property? Examples: Homeowners’ association dues, utilities, insurance, etc.
- Make sure all costs are considered when calculating how much you will need to make the purchase, including closing costs, renovations, repairs and new furniture costs.
Choosing an Investment Property
An investment property is a property purchased or developed for the purpose of earning income. It can be a smart investment if you research the pros and cons involved before making the purchase. In addition, a rental property can build equity and generate cash flow.
If you’re thinking of investing in real estate, be sure to consider the following when shopping for your next investment property:
Type of Property
Determine the type of property you want to invest in – condo, single-family home, townhouse or duplex? Do you plan on renting it out year-round or only during certain months of the year, as a vacation property? Or perhaps a property where you will live in, while renting out a floor or the basement to tenants?
Location: You might want to consider buying property in a high-demand neighborhood or a popular vacation spot. Although such properties come with a higher price tag, you can gain a return on your investment by renting it out at a higher price.
Repairs and Upgrades
If the property requires costly repairs, take into account whether you’ll earn your investment back.
At Mark Meader & Associates we are experienced in all kinds of home buying experiences, including first homes, moving, vacation homes, and investments.
Contact us today for a free consultation at 651-653-7667, or start the process now with our secure online loan application.
Mark Meader & Associates | 4505 White Bear Parkway, Suite 1300 | White Bear Lake, MN 55110 | Phone: 651-653-7667 | Fax: 651-689-0641 | Mark@markmeader.com | License 47763
The information contained on this site is complete to the best of our knowledge and ability. While we will strive to update our website as often as we can, we are not responsible for any inadvertent inaccuracies, errors, typos or omissions. If you believe that there is an error on our site or you have any questions regarding our products, please contact us. We value your business and want to hear from you.
© Perl Mortgage, Inc. 2017, All rights are reserved.